Wallenberg Research Centre, Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS)
The Berlin 10 Open Access Conference will be hosted at the Wallenberg Research Centre,Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study (STIAS). STIAS is situated on the historic Mostertsdrift farm in the heart of Stellenbosch.
Here, sustainable architecture and beautiful, tranquil surroundings have been fused to form a ‘Creative Space For The Mind’ where top researchers and intellectual leaders are nurtured and encouraged to find innovative and sustainable solutions to issues facing the world and in particular the country and the continent of Africa. To counter the loss of its best minds and promising young leaders, it provides the opportunity for high-level research and intellectual development in an international context. It is attracting some of the world’s leading scholars and researchers and is enjoying international growth and recognition.
Physical Address: 10 Marais Street, Stellenbosch (Google Maps)
Tel.: +27 (0)21 808 2650
GPS: 33°56'5.98"S 18°52'26.42"E
Directions from Cape Town International Airport
1. From Cape Town or Cape Town International Airport, take the N2 highway in the direction of Stellenbosch / Somerset West.
2. Continue on the N2 until Exit 33 (Baden Powell Drive Turn Off). Turn left towards Stellenbosch and continue on the R310 until the T-junction. Pass Spier Estate on your right hand side and carry on towards Stellenbosch. At the traffic lights, drive straight through until you get to the next set of traffic lights at the T-junction.
3. At the T-junction with traffic lights, turn right. After approximately 2.5 kms, you will pass straight through a set of traffic lights with the headquarters of Distell on the right.
4. At the next set of traffic lights, turn right into Dorp Street. A Shell Garage and vehicle showroom is on the corner.
5. Continue up Dorp Street, through a set of traffic lights and at the first small, traffic circle in the road, turn left into Meul Street (Mill Street).
6. At the next traffic circle, turn right into Plein Street. Continue along Plein Street into Van Riebeeck Street passing through 2 four way stops. Pass the University grounds on your left and go straightforward through the next 3 way stop (the Boland College is on your right).
7. Opposite Boland College, turn left in Marais Street, (if you reach a fork in the road with a willow tree and telephone box you are to far away and missed the left turn into Marais Street).
STREET NAMES: Stellenbosch street names are indicated on the curb stones on street corners. The street names are set in black on painted yellow background.
More details: http://www.stias.ac.za